magellan IP • intellectual property • brazil
We are an innovative firm providing prosecution and consulting services in all areas of intellectual property in Brazil, ranging from prosecution and administrative litigation before the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office to general consulting services. Brazilian intellectual property from a different perspective!
magellan IP, patents, PCT, FTO, patentability, designs, intellectual property, industrial property, agent, services, firm, office, consulting, brazil, brasil, rio de janeiro, são paulo
caio rodrigues, caio rodrigues da silva
Caio is one of the founding partners of magellan IP. He is the head of the design practice of the firm and is an active member of the patent practice team. Caio has over ten years of professional experience in the field of intellectual property. Prior to founding magellan IP, Caio was an associate at renowned Brazilian intellectual property firms, specializing in the practice area of patents and designs.
His work includes drafting and prosecuting of patents and industrial designs before the BPTO, patentability analysis, technology transfer, freedom to operate analysis, legal opinions, oppositions, appeal proceedings and general consultancy services in intellectual property.
Caio specializes in designs, medical devices, diagnostics as well chemistry and pharmaceutical inventions. He is also particularly active in matters involving the previous approval by the regulatory agency ANVISA for pharmaceutical patents.
- Industrial Pharmacist from Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niterói.
- Post-graduate student in Regulatory Matters at Instituto de Ciência e Tecnologia da Qualidade (ICTQ), Rio de Janeiro.
- FICPI Patent Drafting Course, FICPI Academy
- Protecting biotechnology pharmaceutical inventions in Brazil, Academic Week of Pharmacy Faculty fof the Fluminense Federal University, Niterói, 2014.
- Protecting biotechnology inventions in Brazil, Annual Microbiology Meeting, State University of Londrina – Londrina, 2012.
- IAM Patent 1000 (2017, 2018)
- Brazilian Pharmacy Council (Rio de Janeiro)
Portuguese, English and Spanish.